Michael & Tanya's wedding

I was so happy to be able to help my brother on his perfect day! This day was so much fun. So many laughs, smiles, good tears and great fun. I loved being able to watch people enjoy the flowers I had spent so much time on. I could have never done it without my helpers! They did so much for me.

I discovered a flower that I will definitely use again: Broccoli Hydrangea! This is a small cluster flower, green and sometimes a little tint of white. This flower is the bud of a regular hydrangea, just cut before it has time to bloom. It works as a great filler and accent to a boutonniere or corsage. I love the bright color and how it is still very delicate. I also learned something else, Avalanche white roses last forever!! It's been 2 weeks since the wedding and I still have a small bunch of them in my refrigerator looking beautiful! If you ever want white roses, ask me, I'll get them for you!

I also love China Mums, the large white flowers that I used in the bridesmaid bouquets. They are so big and fluffy, like a big snowball! I used white roses as well, and I think they looked great. The brides bouquet has broccoli hydrangea, lemon leaf, hot pink Suzy Q roses, and dahlias. It was the perfect size and matched well with all of the colors. What you can't see here is the hand tied satin wrap that I put around the stems. I finished them off with pearl pins for a lovely touch.

The alter arrangements had china mums, white and hot pink roses, dahlias, gladiolus, eucalyptus and lemon leaf. There were also two more of these at the beginning of the aisle. I was so thankful for Megan's help on these, I didn't realize how difficult they would be in these vases, but I'm thankful they turned out well. I'm also thankful we were able to use them at the reception as well!!

I could not be happier for my brother, Mike, and his new wife Tanya, they really do complete each other! Thank you for letting me be a part of your beautiful day. I am looking forward to seeing the many years, laughs, memories and adventures your lives will experience. I love you both!

0 comments: