Thomas & Lauren's Wedding

This was such a beautiful day! I was asked to just make the bouquets for the ladies and I'm so grateful that I was able to share in the preparation for this amazing day! The groom is Fijian and so the colors were very bright and colorful. They did such a great job combining the Fijian theme and traditions and also incorporating enough to make it feel like a traditional American wedding as well.

I used orange asiatic lilies, green pompom mums, orange, salmon and peach roses, yellow football mums and lemon leaf for the brides bouquet, and stem wrapped it in champagne satin ribbon with pearl pins to match her dress. She loved the fact that it was so bright, perfect size for her and just so joyful looking.

For the bridesmaids I used green and orange roses, yellow football mums, marigolds, solidigo and lemon leaf as well. This was the first time I have ever worked with marigolds, I know now to stem wrap and wire each one individually before using them, they break very easily!

I had to include this photo, full credit to Denise Bovee, the brides sister-in-law, who is an incredible photographer! ( www.denisebovee.net ) All of these girls looked radiant and just so beautiful. I loved being able to see them hold something I made in these photos, and to see this amazing picture was just very rewarding after a few hours of working on these bouquets. I am excited to soon be neighbors with Thomas & Lauren! May God bless you richly in this new and incredible time in your lives!

0 comments: